Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Book Review: Mastering Portrait Photography

Mastering Portrait Photography, Paul Wilkinson & Sarah Plater; Ammonite Press, 2015


This book is a must for anyone who wants to improve and is written simply.  Using few but well chosen words in explanation, it combines the expectation and excitement of studio photography with somewhat advanced photography. It builds an explanation stage upon stage, and following each stage I have reverted back to basics even going through my manual again.  This has surprisingly filled in many gaps in my knowledge and has encouraged me to check again what my camera is capable of and finding new limits by activating some of the functions I left on auto even though I shoot almost extensively with aperture priority. It has removed my fear of lighting and explained things so simply that I now feel in control of my studio sessions to a much greater degree.
Front Cover

Back Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thelma Hulbert Gallery

I'm lucky enough to live near Honiton, Devon, where there is the Thelma Hulbert Gallery which put on exhibitions and talks about art, ar...