Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Interview by Stephen Bailey (The Spectator) with Martin Parr

 This interview was posted on Facebook by another photography student and gives an extremely interesting point of view about the revered photographer of the English way of life, Martin Parr.  It seems that everyone either loves him and his quirky vision, or hates him. 

(C) Martin Parr


I like his work and wish I could emulate it better.  I think his vision of the English is spot on and highlights those areas that most people want to keep hidden.  We are a law unto ourselves and find other people's view of us shows that we are not understood by the majority of foreigners.  Keep on Martin, find all our quirks.


Stephen Bayley meets Martin Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thelma Hulbert Gallery

I'm lucky enough to live near Honiton, Devon, where there is the Thelma Hulbert Gallery which put on exhibitions and talks about art, ar...